Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Joshua "Reading"

At the end of August, I purchased "Your Baby Can Read" with much skepticism.  I did not expect Joshua to learn to read at 2 years old, but I liked the concept and figured that it would help his language.  We have been doing the program for 1 month now, and he actually knows many of the words.  Of course he doesn't understand the phonics of reading; he only sight reads the words, but it is still exciting.  Here is a video of him reading the words that he knows.  His pronunciation still isn't fantastic, and you can see on "arms up" that when he gets tired, he just guesses until he gets it right, but I have been surprised at the results of this program.

2 comments:

scrappinmia said...

WOW! That is amazing! Mia can write her name but the only letter she can name is "M". I'm so impressed. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm almost 32 and still can't do that! Go Joshua! :)