We are finally beginning to feel settled in our new house. (I will try to get pictures on here soon.) I have been looking for a preschool for Joshua, but it is slim picking around here, so I have decided to do more activities with him at home. I definitely wouldn't call it homeschooling. (I really have a problem with homeschooling.) It is more like fun activities strategically placed into our everyday lives. We are going to do a letter of the week to work on reading and writing, and we will have a theme to focus on for at least a month at a time. It will be very organized on my part but very relaxed from Joshua's point of view. Our first theme is plants, so we planted some plants on our front porch and some carrot seeds. We are going to plant some cucumber seeds next week. Hopefully they both grow well enough to eat or the boys are going to be very disappointed.
Here is Joshua watering his seeds and Benjamin "helping." That is a frog in the bottom left corner that I stepped on a few minutes earlier. They are EVERYWHERE along with many other "creatures."
1 comment:
See this is why I love you. I have a problem with homeschooling too. Why is it so hard when you have a teaching degree to actually develop a lesson and TEACH your own children. I'm impressed that you are doing themes and letter of the week! Way to go! Mia starts pre-school next week. Wish you were here. :(
Post a Comment