Sunday, March 29, 2009

California Redwoods

They really are as amazing as everyone says they are.  We have visited the redwoods that are close to us a couple of times, but this weekend, we drove about 3 hours north to see the trees that are even bigger.  We drove through the trees on the Avenue of the Giants and then drove down Highway 1 on our way home.  Unfortunately, it rained and sleeted on us the whole time, so the boys did not get to walk around much, but we still really enjoyed the scenery.

These obviously are not redwoods, but I thought that they were so beautiful with moss growing on them.

Here we are driving through a tree.  There are a couple of these trees; this one is in Leggett, CA.  I didn't actually get to drive through since I got out to take the picture, but it was fun to watch.  

Once again, I am reminded that I have two boys.  Benjamin chased a goose down to the pond where he found a puddle to jump in.  Once we saw how dirty he was, we just let him play.  

Here Joshua is telling Ben to stop playing in the mud.  This picture is a true reflection of their personalities. 

Standing inside a fallen tree...This was the best picture we could get.



Views from California Highway 1





2 comments:

Shelley said...

I have seen the California redwoods and they are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures :)

Claire & Eden said...

Beautiful!! God's creation amazes me when I see such wonders as those! Thanks for sharing