Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

I want to pay tribute to my wonderful husband who I admire greatly, but I am having trouble putting my feelings into words.  He is the spiritual leader of our family, the financial provider, a loving husband, and the best father that the boys could ask for, but how do I explain this to everyone who does not get to see him in action?  I constantly think about all of the sacrifices that I make while he is at sea, but just in the last year have I begun to think about all of the sacrifices that he makes to provide for us.  He is so strong to handle being away from the boys for months at a time.  I know that it makes him sad to miss so many holidays and so much of their development, but he doesn't complain.  He tells us how much he misses us, and asks how we are doing by ourselves.  He is always positive when I ask him how he is doing.  I know that he is a wonderful example to the boys of how a Christian husband and father lives his life, and I can't wait for them to realize how blessed they are.  There is much more that I love and admire about Matthew, but it is too difficult to put it into words.  I hope that this gives a small amount of insight into his character.

No comments: