Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rodeo Beach

Last Saturday we went to Rodeo Beach which is just on the north side of The Golden Gate Bridge at Fort Cronkite.  I was amazed at the difference between this beach and the one at Golden Gate Park.  Golden Gate Park is just a few miles south of The Golden Gate Bridge, so they are not very far away from each other, but they are completely different.  Rodeo Beach has much larger waves, dark brown sand, and is surrounded by mountains.  I have never been to a beach that was this beautiful, and I couldn't help taking a lot of pictures of the landscape.  The fact that I took these pictures with my cheap camera shows you that it is not fancy photography, but natural beauty.

This is the view looking north.  The buildings on the right 
are Fort Cronkite which was used during World War II to defend the Bay Area when the government thought that Japan might try to attack here. 


This is the view looking south.  The Golden Gate Bridge is
 on the other side of the mountain off to the left, but you can't see it from the beach because of the mountain.

Southwest view








No comments: